Learn about the incredible properties of the main superfoods and all they can do to improve and preserve your health and bring balance to your life and physical and mental well-being.
What are superfoods?
They are all those foods that provide a greater amount of nutrients than other foods in equal quantity, which exert a highly beneficial effect on the body. They are so nutritious that we could even say that they act as a natural medicine.
Superfoods are rich in phytonutrients, as well as antioxidant compounds such as vitamins A and E or beta-carotene, and can help us reduce the risk of some diseases and minimize the effect of others.
There are a wide variety of superfoods, from fruits, plants, algae, seeds, mushrooms, herbs... In this course we will see in detail a total of 20 foods:
Shiitake mushrooms: traditionally used in Chinese and Japanese medicine to strengthen the immune system and extend life.
- Ginger: has high doses of vitamin C, minerals such as phosphorus, zinc, manganese and cobalt and of course fiber, as a good rhizome.
- Garlic: potent combination of amino acids, vitamin B6 and minerals such as potassium, calcium and phosphorus.
- Asparagus: contains a large amount of folic acid, very important before and during pregnancy and to compensate states of anemia.
- Cocoa: natural antidepressant
- Broccoli: the striking combination of vitamins and antioxidants has given it the title of "anti-cancer vegetable".
- Avocado: antioxidant properties and has great benefits for the nervous system
- Pollen: great variety of vitamins and about 100 enzymes, fatty acids, organic acids and flavonoids
- Quinoa: large doses of protein and fats such as omega 6 and 3
- Nori seaweed: essential food for a healthy and cared skin
- Blueberries: presence of hippuric acid, which makes it a powerful natural antibacterial agent.
- Chestnuts: high quality carbohydrates
- Pomegranate: contains high doses of potassium, vitamin A, C and B9, being a powerful antioxidant.
- Radish: great source of antioxidants, it is one of the most potent anti-aging foods that exist.
- Olive oil: contains beneficial fatty acids for the organism, having positive effects on cholesterol and improving heart diseases.
- Turmeric: stomach tonic and facilitates digestion, it is also a liver protective plant and a powerful anti-inflammatory.
- Lemon: authentic anti-aging, it could be considered one of the elixirs of eternal youth.
- Saffron: it is an antioxidant, a great digestive and has antidepressant properties.
- Wakame: high in calcium, potassium and magnesium.
- Honey: provides a lot of energy, contains minerals such as phosphorus, potassium and magnesium, several B vitamins, amino acids and proteins.
Throughout the course:
We will visit places where these superfoods are produced so that you can get to know them from the origin.
- You will learn curiosities and history of each one of them.
We will propose delicious recipes in each video so that you can easily incorporate these foods into your daily diet. As Hippocrates said: "Let food be thy medicine".