Benefits of yoga in everyday life on a personal level
February 19, 2021
Yoga is a comprehensive discipline that improves your well-being and brings you multiple benefits. The regular practice of yoga increases your ability to feel what is happening inside your body, so you will learn to control your emotions and not to be moved by them. In addition, you will learn to calm your mind, thus improving your quality of life.
- It helps you sleep better: Restorative asanas, yoga nidra, savasana, pranayama and meditation promote pratyahara, the inner gaze of the senses, which provides rest for the nervous system.
- It reduces stress: Introduce yoga into your daily routine to even out your stress and anxiety levels.
- It increases happiness: One study found that continued yoga practice improved depression, significantly increased serotonin levels and reduced levels of monoamine oxidase (an enzyme that interferes with neurotransmitters) and cortisol.
- It encourages a healthy lifestyle: regular practice gets you moving and burns calories. Of course, yoga can also inspire you to eat more consciously.
- It increases your self-esteem: yoga offers you tools that will help you personally and you can start to feel better from the first time you practice.
- It improves your sex life: Yoga increases blood flow and improves circulation throughout the body, including the genitals. Some researchers believe that yoga may also boost sexual desire by helping practitioners better connect with their own bodies.
- It helps you focus and concentrate: regular yoga practice improves coordination, reaction time, memory and even intelligence test scores.
- It provides inner strength: Yoga can help you make changes in your life. In fact, this may be its greatest benefit.
- It raises your level of awareness to transform yourself: the more aware you are, the easier it is to free yourself from destructive emotions. Yoga reduces anger by increasing feelings of compassion and interconnectedness and relaxing the nervous system and mind.